Vision, Purpose & Values
We recognise that each child is unique and we are committed to nurturing the personal excellence of each and every learner, regardless of their learning ability.
Christus Pastor Meus – Christ is my Shepherd
The College motto, Christus Pastor Meus, which means Christ is My Shepherd. A flock stays together and happily moves as one, leaving no-one out.
Graduate and Alumni motto: Prendiville Forever.
College slogan: Serve. Lead. Inspire: (Serve with pride, Lead with confidence, Inspire others positively).
Our Vision for Learning
Growth through Challenge
Prendiville Catholic College is a place of welcome which invites our learners to walk together on a journey of faith and growth. As part of the Catholic family, we celebrate unity embracing the core values of tolerance, integrity and respect.
As a community we share something in common, we follow Christ our Shepherd living out our College motto of Christus Pastor Meus.
The Pedagogical Principles of Community, Perseverance and Empowerment guide our Learning Journey.
We empower our learners to develop their curiosity and use inquisitiveness to direct their learning. We believe Empowerment is achieved when learners have the capacity to express their learning.
We want our learners to persevere in their efforts to achieve a goal. When challenges are faced, we nurture growth through engagement, reflection, and resilience. Perseverance means that we have another go!
Feeling safe and supported in an inclusive, educational environment, we persevere through challenge and are empowered to engage as a community of learners.
A priority is developing critical thinkers, providing opportunities to reflect, make informed choices and act responsibly and become voices of discernment in society. We seek to develop young people to grow in capacity to serve with pride, lead with confidence and inspire others in positive ways.
Prendiville Catholic College is a contemporary Catholic secondary, co-educational College which provides a challenging education in an attractive environment. We will foster in young people the desire to know more, see more and be more. Ours will be an education that seeks Christ in our personal and communal lives.
Our purpose or mission is met by providing a curriculum that is driven by contemporary pedagogy delivered in a 21st century learning environment that creates lifelong, independent learners with the ability to think critically.
- Meets individual needs and is inclusive of a variety of learning styles;
- Maximises the benefits of modern technology and learning spaces;
- Empowers students to become independent learners;
- Encourages students who show initiative and ingenuity;
- Inspires students to strive to do their best and take pride in their achievements;
- Integrates Catholic teaching and Christian values with the experiences of life;
- Contains a balance of values, knowledge and skills;
- Addresses justice and equity issues in our curriculum;
- Takes full advantage of our coastal location and connectivity to the wider community.
- Taking pride in oneself, pride in the College and pride in the achievements of others;
- Living with integrity;
- Displaying a sense of justice and service towards others;
- Showing respect, tolerance, acceptance, forgiveness and compassion for others;
- Aspiring to personal excellence;
- Contributing to the College community;
- Respecting the strength of diversity of gender, physical or mental ability, culture and background.
- Display pride in being a student of the College (serve);
- Display outstanding integrity, service and dependability (lead);
- Enrich the lives of others and
- Are a positive influence on our College community (inspire).